Friday, June 5, 2020

Buffalo Mayor Byron B. Brown Do The right Thing!

On July 10, 2010, I spent a wonderful afternoon in downtown Buffalo, New York! I was invited to speak at two author panels at the famous Buffalo Book Fair. I drove from Atlanta, Georgia to Buffalo, New York for this wonderful event, and had a wonderful experience. I had the honor, with an introduction and incredible meeting, with current Buffalo, New York Mayor Byron B. Brown. The mayor was gracious and extended a strong Western New York welcome to me and he hoped I enjoyed the city and the festival. He wanted me to taste and enjoy the incredible “Buffalo Wings” at one of the city’s famous restaurants. Tonight, I was re-introduced to the mayor, again, as I watched Mayor Brown being interviewed on many cable networks about the horrific incident with the 75-year old protester that was shoved and his head was bleeding from contact with the cement sidewalk. The two Buffalo Police Officers were caught on-camera knocking a 75-year-old man to the ground following a protest in Niagara Square Thursday. I watched the same mayor Byron B. Brown, who I had exchanged pleasantries with ten years ago, squirm and navigate the thin line between the police and his Buffalo community on national television. If I was meeting the mayor again, in my humble opinion, I would say those 57 officers who left the special unit (protesting the discipline of the two officers who shoved the elderly man to the ground seriously to the ground), to be fired from the Buffalo Police force and find new replacement police officers who are trained correctly in the implantation of humanitarian techniques. I hope the mayor, who I met ten-years ago shows a strength of character that will not be bullied! Mayor Byron B. Brown do the right thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment